Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kerala meets Chennai!

I am a foodie! I love eating, eating and eating. For the same reason, I will try any new hotel/restaurant opened in Chennai. Since the day 1 I reached chennai, I was searching for a place where I get kerala cuisine.

Atlast, I found a place where I get some good food in chennai in reasonable price range. It was last month end, when I was running around for paying my broadband bill, I found a restaurant in Bazulla Road, T Nagar, named Palakkaran (pronounced paa-laa-kkaa-run).  



View Larger Map

To my surprise, this is also a mock of Kumarakom chain of restaurants. I mean it because the ambience they try to create here resembles somewhat that for Kumarakom, Velacheri. Here also, they have karaoke tracks sung by their bearers. But for meals and all, I feel this is much reasonable compared to other hotels in and around T Nagar. As most of the Andhra (Narmada), Malaysian(Pelita Nasi Kandar) and Tamil (Saravana bhavan, deluxe etc) are charging 50+ INR for their meals, these guys provide better food in the same price (INR 50). The main metrics I look for is cleanliness, and they pass it. Second one is, if I ask for a vegetarian dish I need it as vegetarian as itself. Trying the restaurant several times, I have found that they take utmost care for the same. Keeping the fact that, all other hotels have gave me non-veg food mixed in my food and I had to complain about it.

These qualities on Paalaakkaaran will help them to go ahead their way! For this Onam, they were providing Kerala style "SADYA". I am not sure of the price of that. But I had it and was good one!

One can try this restaurant... I guarantee...

Note: I dont receive any kind of incentives/discounts/commission for putting this write up here!! :)

Kudos and have a nice "EAT" this Onam...

HAPPY ONAM TO ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!

2 comments:

sansmerci said...

thats a cute blog.. m a big tie foodie too .. i wnana try out palakaran for a long time now.. kumarakom velacheri is awesome.. but somehow i din like kumarakom nungambakkam the same way..

hey u can chek out my restaurant reviews at chennai.burrp.com .... u write awesome reviews i guess u ll be interested in writing reviews there too .. hope to catch you at burrp :) happy blogging!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment sans... I shall look into the site you said... :)